Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I had to get married to start blogging

My friend introduced me to blogging probably around five years ago, but I never really wanted to have one. I used to joke that like other celebs, I want a private life, hehe (feeling artista diba?). My friend tried to lure me into blogging saying I can still keep the blog like a diary if I select a private option or something to that effect in the blog options.

I was skeptical and was contented to just read her blog and other blogs if I have time and find an entry interesting. This made me a “blog lurker.” In fact, last year, I was even forced to create a blog from other site just to read my friend’s private entry. I never wrote my first blog in it, I just created it to read her entry. Wow, I forgot what that entry was all about but it was surely so intriguing that I created a, uh, lurker blog.

So why am I starting a blog now? Another friend showed me a community for blogs (I’m not sure if that’s how I should call it) and was fascinated with the entries of other wives. I wanted to share my own piece. And I realized, I have so many thoughts as a newly married woman that I wanted to write. And yeah, well, share to the world (there goes my private life, hehe).

I hope it’s not yet too late to blog, I feel like I missed some thoughts already which I should have blogged before. I already had my share of adventures and misadventures since I got married, after 27 years of existence on earth, 5 months and 13 days ago. So yeah, I had to get married to get the nudge I need to start blogging. Why? My future adventures and misadventures would tell us both why.

No comments: